Glover Genealogy

Monday, November 18, 2019

The Colonial Conveyances

Over the last year I have been busy learning how to blog ( ins & outs; do's & don't, pros & cons) not to mention blog design, layout and content while also continuing my genealogical research. Now  I'm truly on "the road less travelled".

My past blogs/posts are mostly "copied & pasted" from other researchers (with permission) for my own information and practice.. **Many thanks again to "Marfy", the NJH and also the research of Ida Crozier (quoted). I will delete or archive these posts that were not personally written by myself in the up-coming months once I have sorted through them. 

I'm now ready to fly "solo" so please visit often and feel free to contribute, add or ask.

SAMPLER OF BLOGS TO COME

Francis Glover's land sale to John Shotwell and John Smith
dated: April 10, 1770
Hardwick Twp., Sussex Co., New Jersey, USA

SOURCE: "The New Jersey Colonial Conveyances" file.


*** The Colonial Conveyances" are a VERY useful resource for working with 17th and 18th century New Jersey property but CAUTION: this file is enormous not to mention SLOW if you're work online with it. Downloading it (size:500mb) and using it off-line from a desktop works best. 

New Jersey State will eventually re-format this database but for now it's available and FREE and legal access.

Click here for the New Jersey Colonial Conveyances from the New Jersey History Project
 
~ Digger Deb ~

No comments:

Post a Comment